Old 10-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Jim Wildman

Default Help -- LVM snapshot full -- how do I recover?

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, Liam Kirsher wrote:

I forgot to remove an LVM snapshot after making a backup. Now neither
the snapshot nor the original volume are available.
How do I recover and get the original volume back online?

Currently, the output of lvs looks like

LV VG Attr LSize Origin Snap% Move Log Copy%
dom5_data VolGroup01 -wi-ao 10.00G
domTemplate_data VolGroup01 -wi-a- 2.00G
dom6_data VolGroup02 owi-i- 24.00G
dom6_snap VolGroup02 swi-d- 1.00G dom6_data 100.00

option 1) remove the snap shot, original should be fine then
option 2) extend the snap shot, original should be fine then