Old 10-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Liam Kirsher

Default Help -- LVM snapshot full -- how do I recover?

Hi --

I forgot to remove an LVM snapshot after making a backup. Now neither
the snapshot nor the original volume are available.
How do I recover and get the original volume back online?

Currently, the output of lvs looks like

LV VG Attr LSize Origin Snap% Move Log Copy%
dom5_data VolGroup01 -wi-ao 10.00G
domTemplate_data VolGroup01 -wi-a- 2.00G
dom6_data VolGroup02 owi-i- 24.00G
dom6_snap VolGroup02 swi-d- 1.00G dom6_data 100.00

Any help very much appreciated!

Liam

This is on a Dell 2950 with CentOS 5.0 running Xen

--
Liam Kirsher
PGP: http://liam.numenet.com/pgp/