Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Scott Ehrlich

Default Help with UML editor?

A colleague, using CentOS 5 64-bit, installed by me, asked me for the following
assistance:

"The site I was trying to get to was http://www.eclipsedownload.com/. I
downloaded the EclipseUML free version, but it's obviously not giving me the
information I need. I have Java packages in Eclipse that I would like to
display in a class diagram to show how they relate to one another.
Theoretically, we have/had licenses for the Omondo tool. I believe the studio
edition will do what I need. If we have no licenses, I can download the tool I
used previously (http://www.soyatec.com/main.php), but that may have been the
cause of my Eclipse crashing. Then again, it crashes once a day or so now, so
I don't know if the Soyatec's eUML2 tool will make it any worse.

If you find another tool I can use or test, please let me know. I could use it
as soon as possible."

Thanks for any assistance.

Scott

Old 12-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Bill Campbell

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
>A colleague, using CentOS 5 64-bit, installed by me, asked me for the
>following assistance:
>
>"The site I was trying to get to was http://www.eclipsedownload.com/. I
>downloaded the EclipseUML free version, but it's obviously not giving me
>the information I need. I have Java packages in Eclipse that I would like
>to display in a class diagram to show how they relate to one another.
>Theoretically, we have/had licenses for the Omondo tool. I believe the
>studio edition will do what I need. If we have no licenses, I can download
>the tool I used previously (http://www.soyatec.com/main.php), but that may
>have been the cause of my Eclipse crashing. Then again, it crashes once a
>day or so now, so I don't know if the Soyatec's eUML2 tool will make it any
>worse.
>
>If you find another tool I can use or test, please let me know. I could
>use it as soon as possible."

I'm using ArgoUML with ArchGenXML to develop Plone products.

Bill

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it coses
when it's free -- P.J. O'Rourke