Old 10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Robinson Tiemuqinke

Default How to backup LV for XenU on Centos

Hi,

Here is a newbie to Xen and LVM on Centos. I've created a Logical Volumn(LV) in the domain 0. and then install a XenU on the LV. IN more details: The LV is exported to XenU as xvda, and default Centos disk Layout is accepted -- /dev/xvda1 for /boot, /dev/xvda2 as Physical Volumn).

Now my problem is: How to backup the Logical Volumn(LV) from Domain 0? I currently use dd to save it, is this the proper way? or can I create snapshot LV of the LV and 'dd' the snapshot LV? Because on the LV it is not a ext3/xfs file system, then I could not mount the LV, right?

Any one please shed a light onto this? What's the normal way to backup LVs which are exported to install XenU System?

Thanks a lot.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Scott Silva

on 10-3-2008 9:57 AM Robinson Tiemuqinke spake the following:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a newbie to Xen and LVM on Centos.
Welcome to the CentOS list.
Please follow the rules like not hijacking threads and wrapping long lines.
See the bottom of this page;

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...