-   -   SELinux and Perl script using sendmail (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/16669-selinux-perl-script-using-sendmail.html)

Miark 12-10-2007 09:44 PM

SELinux and Perl script using sendmail

I have a webpage feedback form that uses a Perl script to
send e-mails with "| /usr/sbin/sendmail -t". It works
just fine, but SELinux is complaining about it:

SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/postdrop (postfix_postdrop_t)
"getattr" to pipe:[41117] (httpd_t)

I'm a SELinux newb so I don't know what (if anything) to do
about it. Suggestions?

Miark

Johnny Tan 12-10-2007 09:53 PM

Miark wrote:

I have a webpage feedback form that uses a Perl script to
send e-mails with "| /usr/sbin/sendmail -t". It works
just fine, but SELinux is complaining about it:

SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/postdrop (postfix_postdrop_t)
"getattr" to pipe:[41117] (httpd_t)

I'm a SELinux newb so I don't know what (if anything) to do
about it. Suggestions?

grep postfix /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M myrule

will create a .te and .pp file which are a module that you
can load to tell SELinux to allow the above. myrule.te is a
plaintext file which you can examine.

If it looks good, you can then do:
semodule -i myrule.pp

to install the module into SELinux.