Old 09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Niki Kovacs

Default GIMP 2.4 packages for CentOS 5

Hi,

One of my rare regrets with CentOS 5 was that GIMP only came in version
2.2, but 2.4 offers many nifty new functions quite handy for everyday
work. For those of you who are interested, I built some GIMP 2.4
packages for CentOS 5.

Download and install (using rpm -Uvh) the following packages:

http://download.tuxfamily.org/centos/5/os/i386/RPMS/gimp-2.4.6-1.zzz.i386.rpm
http://download.tuxfamily.org/centos/5/os/i386/RPMS/gimp-libs-2.4.6-1.zzz.i386.rpm
http://download.tuxfamily.org/centos/5/os/i386/RPMS/gtk2-2.10.14-4.zzz.i386.rpm
http://download.tuxfamily.org/centos/5/os/i386/RPMS/libexif-0.6.15-3.zzz.i386.rpm
http://download.tuxfamily.org/centos/5/os/i386/RPMS/pygtk2-2.10.6-1.zzz.i386.rpm
http://download.tuxfamily.org/centos/5/os/i386/RPMS/pygtk2-codegen-2.10.6-1.zzz.i386.rpm
http://download.tuxfamily.org/centos/5/os/i386/RPMS/pygtk2-libglade-2.10.6-1.zzz.i386.rpm

Runs nice and doesn't wreck anything )

Enjoy!

Niki

Old 10-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Rick

In article <48D8D3BF.5030509@kikinovak.net>,
Niki Kovacs <centos@centos.org> wrote:

>One of my rare regrets with CentOS 5 was that GIMP only came in version
>2.2, but 2.4 offers many nifty new functions quite handy for everyday
>work. For those of you who are interested, I built some GIMP 2.4
>packages for CentOS 5.

>Download and install (using rpm -Uvh) the following packages:

Gimp 2.6 is out now. Any change of getting CentOS rpms for it?

--
http://deepcreekhotsprings.net/