Old 09-18-2008, 02:41 AM
"Sadaruwan Samaraweera"

Default Need help with Wine

Hi,

I've two questions,
Is it OK to use wine on CentOS 5.2 x86_64 ?If it's OK then is there a possibility that virus's that infect windows based system to attack my CentOS or any other Linux system thats running Wine?
Please help me.

Thank you
--
Sadaruwan Samaraweera

Old 09-18-2008, 05:33 AM
郷古 直仁

Hi,

I'm using wine on CentOS 5.2 x86_64 desktop.
(application IE4Linux, some editor, Inno setup, etc.)

1. you must install wine.i386 and dependent i386 package.
because windows DLL is almost 32bit.
(if you want to exec 32bit windows application)

2. yes. It is not in the centos area, and can be infected with the area of wine.
but I have not tested.

08/09/18 (木曜日) 11:41AM、 "Sadaruwan Samaraweera" <slinuxworld@gmail.com>のメッセージ: