Old 12-10-2007, 12:47 AM
"Jerry Geis"

Default using vnc server and login kills X login

I changed my X driver from nvidia to xv.

Now when I vncviewer into my machine it KILLS my current logged in user.
When I try to login it accepts my login looks like its going to do it then kills
my X windows screen. When I reconnect I'm back at a login again.

This is for my account user geis.

If I login as root it all works fine.

I was told to change from nvidia to nv as some other interaction was killing
my machine with the nvidia drivers.

Under the old nvidia driver I did not have an issue.

Any ideas?

Jerry

Old 12-10-2007, 02:35 AM
"Jim Perrin"

On Dec 9, 2007 8:47 PM, Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:

> Under the old nvidia driver I did not have an issue.

Well, as there was no reason given for switching drivers, I'd say
"switch back". If nvidia works, use it.

George Orwell