Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Scott Silva

Default A glimpse into the future for RHEL 6 and CentOS 6

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1328938,00.html

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 09-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Josh Donovan

Scott Silva wrote:

> http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1328938,00.html

I'm still comfortably on CentOS 4X. I might nuke an Ubuntu Desktop
I have on VMWare and put CentOS 5X but I don't want to get my fingers
burnt using Fedora 10 to see how CentOS 6 "might" look like.

My brief foray into Ubuntu was not good at all, I just wanted to
see what the hype was all about. 10,000 noobs on their forum and
a gazillion questions are unanswered. To think people on the Debian
list get told to install Ubuntu if they can't handle tha real thang!

Thanks,
Josh.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:41 PM
"Ivan Levchenko"

well, as a plain deskop install, i haven't had any problems with ubuntu. at all.
i've had problems with fedora, that thing is really a pain to use.

i mainly use centos on servers, but for the desktop, i'm pretty happy
with ubuntu at the moment. probably the main thing that i like is that
its deb, not rpm. rpms based systems can become a hassle with several
repositories.. and upgrading between versions - i'm not going to even
go into that.

--

Best Regards,

Ivan Levchenko
levchenko.i@gmail.com

Old 09-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Ric Moore

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 20:50 +0000, Josh Donovan wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>
> > http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1328938,00.html
>
> I'm still comfortably on CentOS 4X. I might nuke an Ubuntu Desktop
> I have on VMWare and put CentOS 5X but I don't want to get my fingers
> burnt using Fedora 10 to see how CentOS 6 "might" look like.
>
> My brief foray into Ubuntu was not good at all, I just wanted to
> see what the hype was all about. 10,000 noobs on their forum and
> a gazillion questions are unanswered. To think people on the Debian
> list get told to install Ubuntu if they can't handle tha real thang!

I installed Kubuntu on another partition and their mail list is pretty
decent with some familiar faces from the Fedora list there. YMMV, Ric

https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339