Old 12-08-2007, 03:23 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

Default kernel-vm.i686 5.0-->5.1 "Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-headers is needed by package glibc-headers"

On Dec 7, 2007 8:05 PM, John Thomas <gmane-2006-04-16@jt-socal.com> wrote:
> Cough, cough, cough (I have a bit of a cold, please excuse me)
> Thanks for the great CentOS.
>
> I assume the following means I need to humbly ask for the kernel-vm for
> 5.1, but I am not certain. If so, I hereby humbly ask.
>
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: kernel-headers for package: glibc-headers
> --> Processing Dependency: kernel-headers >= 2.2.1 for package:
> glibc-headers
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-headers >= 2.2.1 is needed by package
> glibc-headers
> Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-headers is needed by package glibc-headers
>
> CentOS5[root@somevbox ~]# rpm -qa | grep kernel
> kernel-vm-headers-2.6.18-8.1.10.el5.vm.c5
> kernel-vm-2.6.18-8.1.15.el5
> kernel-vm-2.6.18-8.1.14.el5.centos.plus
> kernel-vm-devel-2.6.18-8.1.15.el5
> --
> Sincerely,
> John Thomas

Not sure why you are seeing that dependency issue, but if you need the
latest version of kernel-vm, you can find them in the bug tracker:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2189

(Go down to comment 6510)

Akemi