Old 12-08-2007, 03:04 AM
Drew Weaver

Default Chipset support for 6750 Intel CPUs

Howdy,

We've noticed that the new chipsets required for the **50 series of intel processors is not supported in CentOS 5.

We've tried the DG31 board which (realtek nic unsupported) DG33 no support for disk controller or NICs. We also tried the dx38bt and there was no support.

Fedora 8 apparently works great with all of the boards we tried. My question is, will there these boards not be supported via the installer until CentOS 6?

I realize that the driver support comes from upstream, but it would be cool if they made a easy way to use a newer/updated kernel in the installer.

Thanks,
-Drew

Old 12-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Joshua Baker-LePain

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 at 11:04pm, Drew Weaver wrote

We've noticed that the new chipsets required for the **50 series of
intel processors is not supported in CentOS 5.

We've tried the DG31 board which (realtek nic unsupported) DG33 no
support for disk controller or NICs. We also tried the dx38bt and there
was no support.

Fedora 8 apparently works great with all of the boards we tried. My
question is, will there these boards not be supported via the installer
until CentOS 6?

I realize that the driver support comes from upstream, but it would be
cool if they made a easy way to use a newer/updated kernel in the
installer.

Each point release gets support for new hardware (backported from later
kernel.org kernels). If 5.1 doesn't support those chipsets, then 5.2
likely will.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin