Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/142434-a.html)

James Pearson 08-13-2008 04:40 PM

?
 
I have a third party application that I want to run a CentOS4 box that
is expecting to access the generic SCSI devices through /dev/sga,
/dev/sgb, etc. However, the devices set up by udev are /dev/sg0,
/dev/sg1 etc.


Does anyone know what syntax I could use to create a udev rule that
creates symlinks sga -> sg0 etc. for each sg[0-N] device?


Thanks

James Pearson
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

John R Pierce 08-13-2008 05:04 PM

?
 
James Pearson wrote:
I have a third party application that I want to run a CentOS4 box that
is expecting to access the generic SCSI devices through /dev/sga,
/dev/sgb, etc. However, the devices set up by udev are /dev/sg0,
/dev/sg1 etc.


just curious, what sort of scsi controller is that? every CentOS 4
system with regular SCSI (or SAS or whatever) that I've seen has created
/dev/sda /dev/sdb, etc... only exceptions I've seen are are things
like Compaq/HP SmartArray controllers that use /dev/cciss/c0d0



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

James Pearson 08-13-2008 09:41 PM

?
 
John R Pierce wrote:

James Pearson wrote:
I have a third party application that I want to run a CentOS4 box that
is expecting to access the generic SCSI devices through /dev/sga,
/dev/sgb, etc. However, the devices set up by udev are /dev/sg0,
/dev/sg1 etc.


just curious, what sort of scsi controller is that? every CentOS 4
system with regular SCSI (or SAS or whatever) that I've seen has created
/dev/sda /dev/sdb, etc... only exceptions I've seen are are things
like Compaq/HP SmartArray controllers that use /dev/cciss/c0d0


Unfortunately, a typo crept into the subject line (which I've now
changed) ...


I'm not talking about the block devices (/dev/sda etc) but the generic
SCSI devices using the sg (sg.ko) module - which have /dev entries of
/dev/sg0, /dev/sg1 etc.


James Pearson
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Andrea Scarpino 11-16-2009 09:36 PM

?
 
Hi,
I am updating jackbeat, which is orphan, in [extra] and the last
release (0.7.2) needs portaudio from [community]. Still, jackbeat
provides pulseaudio support if it is built with; pulseaudio is in
[community].
This package is orphan, so I think is not a good solution if I update
it and add another orphan package into [extra]. But I can update and
move it to [community] or AUR (pkgstats says 4.47%).
Maybe some TUs is interested.

Opinions?

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Andrea Scarpino 11-16-2009 09:36 PM

?
 
Hi,
I am updating jackbeat, which is orphan, in [extra] and the last
release (0.7.2) needs portaudio from [community]. Still, jackbeat
provides pulseaudio support if it is built with; pulseaudio is in
[community].
This package is orphan, so I think is not a good solution if I update
it and add another orphan package into [extra]. But I can update and
move it to [community] or AUR (pkgstats says 4.47%).
Maybe some TUs is interested.

Opinions?

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Allan McRae 11-16-2009 09:54 PM

?
 
Andrea Scarpino wrote:

Hi,
I am updating jackbeat, which is orphan, in [extra] and the last
release (0.7.2) needs portaudio from [community]. Still, jackbeat
provides pulseaudio support if it is built with; pulseaudio is in
[community].
This package is orphan, so I think is not a good solution if I update
it and add another orphan package into [extra]. But I can update and
move it to [community] or AUR (pkgstats says 4.47%).
Maybe some TUs is interested.

Opinions?



There is another option... many packages in [extra] have/had requests
opened in the bug-tracker asking for their pulseaudio backend to be
added. Maybe it is time those packages moved to [extra].


Allan

Eric Bélanger 11-16-2009 10:06 PM

?
 
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am updating jackbeat, which is orphan, in [extra] and the last
> release (0.7.2) needs portaudio from [community]. Still, jackbeat
> provides pulseaudio support if it is built with; pulseaudio is in
> [community].
> This package is orphan, so I think is not a good solution if I update
> it and add another orphan package into [extra]. But I can update and
> move it to [community] or AUR (pkgstats says 4.47%).
> Maybe some TUs is interested.
>
> Opinions?
>
> --
> Andrea `bash` Scarpino
> Arch Linux Developer
>

If no dev/TU is interested in jackbeat, you should move it to
unsupported, not community.

Giovanni Scafora 11-16-2009 10:09 PM

?
 
2009/11/16, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am updating jackbeat, which is orphan, in [extra] and the last
> > release (0.7.2) needs portaudio from [community]. Still, jackbeat
> > provides pulseaudio support if it is built with; pulseaudio is in
> > [community].
> > This package is orphan, so I think is not a good solution if I update
> > it and add another orphan package into [extra]. But I can update and
> > move it to [community] or AUR (pkgstats says 4.47%).
> > Maybe some TUs is interested.
> >
> > Opinions?

I think that you should move it to unsupported.


--
Arch Linux Developer
http://www.archlinux.org
http://www.archlinux.it

Ionut Biru 11-16-2009 10:38 PM

?
 
On 11/17/2009 01:09 AM, Giovanni Scafora wrote:

2009/11/16, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool@gmail.com>:

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Andrea Scarpino<andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am updating jackbeat, which is orphan, in [extra] and the last
> release (0.7.2) needs portaudio from [community]. Still, jackbeat
> provides pulseaudio support if it is built with; pulseaudio is in
> [community].
> This package is orphan, so I think is not a good solution if I update
> it and add another orphan package into [extra]. But I can update and
> move it to [community] or AUR (pkgstats says 4.47%).
> Maybe some TUs is interested.
>
> Opinions?


I think that you should move it to unsupported.




+1

--
Ionut

Daenyth Blank 11-16-2009 11:45 PM

?
 
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 18:38, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/17/2009 01:09 AM, Giovanni Scafora wrote:
>>
>> 2009/11/16, Eric Bélanger<snowmaniscool@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Andrea Scarpino<andrea@archlinux.org>
>>> *wrote:
>>> *> *Hi,
>>> *> *I am updating jackbeat, which is orphan, in [extra] and the last
>>> *> *release (0.7.2) needs portaudio from [community]. Still, jackbeat
>>> *> *provides pulseaudio support if it is built with; pulseaudio is in
>>> *> *[community].
>>> *> *This package is orphan, so I think is not a good solution if I update
>>> *> *it and add another orphan package into [extra]. But I can update and
>>> *> *move it to [community] or AUR (pkgstats says 4.47%).
>>> *> *Maybe some TUs is interested.
>>> *>
>>> *> *Opinions?
>>
>> I think that you should move it to unsupported.
>>
>>
>
> +1
>
> --
> Ionut
>

+1


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.