Old 05-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Marek Otahal

Default ?

Hi,
I wanted to ask what's happening with current kernel in testing? I can get it
from testing repositories for about two days, but haven't seen a sign-off
thread yet. The reason I'm asking is that I wanted to say NOsignoff for me on
i686. The boot process gets stuck at 'loading modules' before stage 3. Tried -
fallback - the same.
I'll post more info if needed (but I suppose you also know it's broken..).
Thanks, Mark
--

Marek Otahal )

Old 05-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Pierre Schmitz

On Sat, 21 May 2011 16:01:35 +0200, Marek Otahal wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanted to ask what's happening with current kernel in testing? I
> can get it
> from testing repositories for about two days, but haven't seen a sign-off
> thread yet. The reason I'm asking is that I wanted to say NOsignoff
> for me on
> i686. The boot process gets stuck at 'loading modules' before stage
> 3. Tried -
> fallback - the same.
> I'll post more info if needed (but I suppose you also know it's broken..).
> Thanks, Mark

If you found a bug you should report it on the tracker. Otherwise your
concern might be lost.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Old 05-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Marek Otahal

On Saturday 21 of May 2011 16:11:00 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2011 16:01:35 +0200, Marek Otahal wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I wanted to ask what's happening with current kernel in testing? I
> > can get it
> > from testing repositories for about two days, but haven't seen a sign-off
> > thread yet. The reason I'm asking is that I wanted to say NOsignoff
> > for me on
> > i686. The boot process gets stuck at 'loading modules' before stage
> > 3. Tried -
> > fallback - the same.
> > I'll post more info if needed (but I suppose you also know it's
> > broken..). Thanks, Mark
>
> If you found a bug you should report it on the tracker. Otherwise your
> concern might be lost.
ok, i will. i was wondering if i should, as nobody asked for signoffs yet, so
i thought the pkg is not ready.
--

Marek Otahal )

Old 05-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Marek Otahal

On Saturday 21 of May 2011 16:58:58 you wrote:
> On Saturday 21 of May 2011 16:11:00 Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 May 2011 16:01:35 +0200, Marek Otahal wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I wanted to ask what's happening with current kernel in testing? I
> > > can get it
> > > from testing repositories for about two days, but haven't seen a
> > > sign-off thread yet. The reason I'm asking is that I wanted to say
> > > NOsignoff for me on
> > > i686. The boot process gets stuck at 'loading modules' before stage
> > > 3. Tried -
> > > fallback - the same.
> > > I'll post more info if needed (but I suppose you also know it's
> > > broken..). Thanks, Mark
> >
> > If you found a bug you should report it on the tracker. Otherwise your
> > concern might be lost.
>
> ok, i will. i was wondering if i should, as nobody asked for signoffs yet,
> so i thought the pkg is not ready.
just for the record, those interested please see bug:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24376

--

Marek Otahal )

Old 05-25-2011, 04:52 AM
cantabile

On 05/21/2011 05:01 PM, Marek Otahal wrote:

Hi,
I wanted to ask what's happening with current kernel in testing? I can get it
from testing repositories for about two days, but haven't seen a sign-off
thread yet.

So, is anyone going to explain why there is no signoff thread for 2.6.39 ?

--
cantabile

"Jayne is a girl's name." -- River

Old 05-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Mittwoch 25 Mai 2011 schrieb cantabile:
> On 05/21/2011 05:01 PM, Marek Otahal wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I wanted to ask what's happening with current kernel in testing? I can
> > get it from testing repositories for about two days, but haven't seen a
> > sign-off thread yet.
>
> So, is anyone going to explain why there is no signoff thread for 2.6.39 ?
Yes i can because it's not signoff ready, 5 modules are not compiling and aufs2
support is missing.

greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 AM
cantabile

On 05/25/2011 08:42 AM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:

Am Mittwoch 25 Mai 2011 schrieb cantabile:

On 05/21/2011 05:01 PM, Marek Otahal wrote:

Hi,
I wanted to ask what's happening with current kernel in testing? I can
get it from testing repositories for about two days, but haven't seen a
sign-off thread yet.

So, is anyone going to explain why there is no signoff thread for 2.6.39 ?

Yes i can because it's not signoff ready, 5 modules are not compiling and aufs2
support is missing.

greetings
tpowa

Understood. Thanks.

--
cantabile

"Jayne is a girl's name." -- River

Old 09-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Dave Reisner

Sergej,

We spent a week rebuilding packages to get tcp_wrappers out of [core]
and out of the repos. Now I see that you've moved it back into
[community]. What the hell? Were you going to start recompiling packages
against tcp_wrappers and adding it back as a dep? Not acceptable. We all
made this decision as a team, so I'm not sure why you're trying to fight
us.

I'm db-remove'ing this (again) and putting it back where it belongs.

Regards,
Dave