Old 11-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Peter Lewis

Default ?

On Saturday 20 November 2010 17:22:34 Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 20.11.2010 17:56, Peter Lewis wrote:
> > So, the idea would be to keep dovecot in [community]
>
> dovecot is in extra.

Yeah, dovecot is in extra, maintained by Andreas. Personally, I'd be even
happier for pigeonhole to go in there too and for the two to be built together
each version bump, but I don't have that power :-)

> Otherwise go for it

Thanks, I will... unless Andreas wants to take it on and start building it
together with dovecot itself...?

Old 11-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Thorsten Töpper

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 17:27:34 +0000
Peter Lewis <plewis@aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 20 November 2010 17:22:34 Florian Pritz wrote:
> > On 20.11.2010 17:56, Peter Lewis wrote:
> > > So, the idea would be to keep dovecot in [community]
> >
> > dovecot is in extra.
>
> Yeah, dovecot is in extra, maintained by Andreas. Personally, I'd be
> even happier for pigeonhole to go in there too and for the two to be
> built together each version bump, but I don't have that power :-)
>
> > Otherwise go for it
>
> Thanks, I will... unless Andreas wants to take it on and start
> building it together with dovecot itself...?

By now it has 10 votes(not mine) so go ahead, it's fine with the rules.

--
Jabber: atsutane@freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4 FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4

Old 11-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 17:27 +0000, Peter Lewis wrote:
> On Saturday 20 November 2010 17:22:34 Florian Pritz wrote:
> > On 20.11.2010 17:56, Peter Lewis wrote:
> > > So, the idea would be to keep dovecot in [community]
> >
> > dovecot is in extra.
>
> Yeah, dovecot is in extra, maintained by Andreas. Personally, I'd be even
> happier for pigeonhole to go in there too and for the two to be built together
> each version bump, but I don't have that power :-)

Just a user comment, it can get a bit frustrating when direct
dependencies like these are in community/extra (different maintainers).
vlc-pulse-plugin for example (though that's not a good example, its
normally updated within 12 hours).

Maintaining together is a win, from my perspective =)

Old 11-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Peter Lewis

On Saturday 20 November 2010 23:37:55 Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 17:27 +0000, Peter Lewis wrote:
> > >
> > > dovecot is in extra.
> >
> > Yeah, dovecot is in extra, maintained by Andreas. Personally, I'd be even
> > happier for pigeonhole to go in there too and for the two to be built
> > together each version bump, but I don't have that power :-)
>
> Just a user comment, it can get a bit frustrating when direct
> dependencies like these are in community/extra (different maintainers).
> vlc-pulse-plugin for example (though that's not a good example, its
> normally updated within 12 hours).
>
> Maintaining together is a win, from my perspective =)

I agree, and if Andy wants to take on pigeonhole in extra, then that's fine
with me :-)

I think having pigeonhole in community like this is at least better than
having it in the AUR, since people were losing mails if they didn't notice a
dovecot upgrade and hence didn't recompile pigeonhole.

Pete.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Allan McRae

[...]

Shouldn't pigeonhole just have a very specific versioned dependency on
dovecot (at least depends=('dovecot=$_dcpkgver'), if not adding a
$_dcpkgrel there too). That would stop dovecot being upgraded without
pigeonhole also being upgraded.

Allan

Old 11-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Peter Lewis

On Sunday 21 November 2010 00:34:39 Allan McRae wrote:
> Shouldn't pigeonhole just have a very specific versioned dependency on
> dovecot (at least depends=('dovecot=$_dcpkgver'), if not adding a
> $_dcpkgrel there too). That would stop dovecot being upgraded without
> pigeonhole also being upgraded.

Yep, that's what I've done; it's in [community] now. I believe that just the
pkgver should suffice, since when it breaks, it checks the version number of
the running dovecot and if different from the linked-against one, bails out.

It's probably worth also mentioning that if a new version of dovecot ever ends
up in [testing] (or some other unstable repo), there should probably be an
accompanying build of pigeonhole... is this what [community-testing] is for?

Cheers,

Pete.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Allan McRae

Shouldn't pigeonhole just have a very specific versioned dependency on
dovecot (at least depends=('dovecot=$_dcpkgver'), if not adding a
$_dcpkgrel there too). That would stop dovecot being upgraded without
pigeonhole also being upgraded.

Yep, that's what I've done; it's in [community] now. I believe that just the
pkgver should suffice, since when it breaks, it checks the version number of
the running dovecot and if different from the linked-against one, bails out.

It's probably worth also mentioning that if a new version of dovecot ever ends
up in [testing] (or some other unstable repo), there should probably be an
accompanying build of pigeonhole... is this what [community-testing] is for?

Yes. [testing] and [community-testing] are a pair.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:24 AM
Kirill Churin

Why does v4l-utils package exists both in [extra] and [multilib]?

Found it while updating Skype wiki page.

--
Kirill Churin
Jabber: reflexing@reflexing.ru, ICQ: 8163230, Skype on demand.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Lukas Fleischer

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:24:34AM +0500, Kirill Churin wrote:
> Why does v4l-utils package exists both in [extra] and [multilib]?
>
> Found it while updating Skype wiki page.

It doesn't. There's v4l-utils in [extra] for both i686 and x86_64
architectures and lib32-v4l-utils in [multilib] for 32-bit applications
running on x86_64 (e.g. Skype).

Old 02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Stéphane Gaudreault

Hi,

Wget needs libidn [1] for for internationalized resource identifier (IRI)
support.
Any objection to move libidn from [extra] to [core] ?

Regards,

Stéphane

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/22833