Old 11-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Andrea Scarpino

Default ?

On 17/11/2009, Giovanni Scafora <giovanni@archlinux.org> wrote:
> I think that you should move it to unsupported.
Done

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Old 06-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Chris Brannon

The latest upstream release was made in 2006, and the package hasn't been
rebuilt since then. It is orphaned, and it needs a rebuild for community
cleanup. No other package depends on it.

Any objections to moving ruby-mpd from [community] to [unsupported]?

-- Chris

Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79@gmail.com> wrote:
> The latest upstream release was made in 2006, and the package hasn't been
> rebuilt since then. *It is orphaned, and it needs a rebuild for community
> cleanup. *No other package depends on it.
>
> Any objections to moving ruby-mpd from [community] to [unsupported]?

Nope, do it.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Chris Brannon

Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> Nope, do it.

Done.

-- Chris

Old 08-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Chris Brannon

This package used to be a dependency for python-mechanize, but
not anymore. python-mechanize now provides the same functionality directly.
Upstream will be making no further releases.
I want to remove it from [community].
If it goes, is there any point in uploading it to [unsupported],
considering that it is deprecated?

-- Chris

Old 08-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79@gmail.com> wrote:
> This package used to be a dependency for python-mechanize, but
> not anymore. *python-mechanize now provides the same functionality directly.
> Upstream will be making no further releases.
> I want to remove it from [community].
> If it goes, is there any point in uploading it to [unsupported],
> considering that it is deprecated?
>
> -- Chris

Dropping it completely seems like a good idea.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Chris Brannon

ibiru@archlinux.org wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 02:46 AM, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> > Dropping it completely seems like a good idea.
>
> +1

Ok, I removed it.

Thanks,
-- Chris

Old 08-17-2010, 02:14 AM
Evangelos Foutras

Hi guys,

I've been using mplayer-vaapi [1] with my Radeon HD 4200 IGP for a
couple of months now and I think it's a very useful package. Recently,
its maintainer in the AUR dropped it because he switched to libvdpau.
So, I've been thinking of adopting it and moving it to [community].

I haven't done anything yet, as I'm a bit unsure of whether I should
go forward with the move. On one hand, a binary package for
mplayer-vaapi is included in the unofficial, but well maintained,
catalyst repo [2], but on the other hand it still is a useful package
and it only has an additional dependency on libva (available in
[extra]) compared to the straight mplayer package; it'd be nice to
have it in [community].

On an semi-related note, I was also thinking of moving xvba-video to
[community] as well, but it depends on the catalyst package which has
a very complicated PKGBUILD (i.e. manual installation of every file).
Therefore, I don't have any plans to mess with that for now. :P

Thoughts? :>

----
[2] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI_Catalyst#Catalyst.27s_repositories

Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Ionuț Bîru

I've been using mplayer-vaapi [1] with my Radeon HD 4200 IGP for a
couple of months now and I think it's a very useful package. Recently,
its maintainer in the AUR dropped it because he switched to libvdpau.
So, I've been thinking of adopting it and moving it to [community].

I haven't done anything yet, as I'm a bit unsure of whether I should
go forward with the move. On one hand, a binary package for
mplayer-vaapi is included in the unofficial, but well maintained,
catalyst repo [2], but on the other hand it still is a useful package
and it only has an additional dependency on libva (available in
[extra]) compared to the straight mplayer package; it'd be nice to
have it in [community].

Thomas would be very happy to have this in our repos. I don't have
any particular issues with it but this open a road in which we allowed
patched applications in our repos.

This patch wasn't accepted upstream by mplayer devs yet.

On an semi-related note, I was also thinking of moving xvba-video to
[community] as well, but it depends on the catalyst package which has
a very complicated PKGBUILD (i.e. manual installation of every file).
Therefore, I don't have any plans to mess with that for now. :P

Did catalyst resolved the issues that we had with it some time ago?
If yes catalyst should be repacked properly if you want it in repos,
like nvidia is.

--
Ionuț