Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
David Halik

Default nss_ldap 5.2 update question

Hi all, I was just wondering when this update will trickle down into the
Centos repo:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0611.html

Obviously, it just came out yesterday, so I'm not expecting it to
suddenly appear. Just curious what the turn around time usually is
for RHEL bug fixes that get released and when we should expect it.

As a side note, does anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of an
update like this without having support access to the RHN? I'm guessing
I just have to wait for a Centos release.

Thanks!
-Dave

Old 07-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Scott Silva

on 7-29-2008 11:41 AM David Halik spake the following:

Hi all, I was just wondering when this update will trickle down into the
Centos repo:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0611.html

Obviously, it just came out yesterday, so I'm not expecting it to
suddenly appear. Just curious what the turn around time usually is
for RHEL bug fixes that get released and when we should expect it.

As a side note, does anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of an
update like this without having support access to the RHN? I'm guessing
I just have to wait for a Centos release.

Thanks!
-Dave

If they have released the src.rpm you can try and rebuild that.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 07-29-2008, 07:25 PM
David Halik

Scott Silva wrote:

on 7-29-2008 11:41 AM David Halik spake the following:

Hi all, I was just wondering when this update will trickle down into
the Centos repo:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0611.html

Obviously, it just came out yesterday, so I'm not expecting it to
suddenly appear. Just curious what the turn around time usually is
for RHEL bug fixes that get released and when we should expect it.

As a side note, does anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of
an update like this without having support access to the RHN? I'm
guessing I just have to wait for a Centos release.

Thanks!
-Dave

If they have released the src.rpm you can try and rebuild that.

I'd love to, but I'm not sure where to find it. The update links RH sent
out only give file names. They claim the actual updates are in RHn, but
I'm guessing you need a support contract to get an account.

Are they public somewhere?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:29 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:25 PM, David Halik <dhalik@jla.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>>
>> on 7-29-2008 11:41 AM David Halik spake the following:
>>>
>>> Hi all, I was just wondering when this update will trickle down into the
>>> Centos repo:
>>>
>>> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0611.html
>>>
>>> Obviously, it just came out yesterday, so I'm not expecting it to
>>> suddenly appear. Just curious what the turn around time usually is for
>>> RHEL bug fixes that get released and when we should expect it.
>>>
>>> As a side note, does anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of an
>>> update like this without having support access to the RHN? I'm guessing I
>>> just have to wait for a Centos release.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> -Dave
>>>
>> If they have released the src.rpm you can try and rebuild that.
>>

> I'd love to, but I'm not sure where to find it. The update links RH sent out
> only give file names. They claim the actual updates are in RHn, but I'm
> guessing you need a support contract to get an account.
>
> Are they public somewhere?

Don't bother. It's been released.

Akemi

Old 07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Johnny Hughes

David Halik wrote:

Hi all, I was just wondering when this update will trickle down into the
Centos repo:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0611.html

Obviously, it just came out yesterday, so I'm not expecting it to
suddenly appear. Just curious what the turn around time usually is
for RHEL bug fixes that get released and when we should expect it.

As a side note, does anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of an
update like this without having support access to the RHN? I'm guessing
I just have to wait for a Centos release.

it is released ... you should be able to get it from mirror.centos.org

Old 07-29-2008, 07:33 PM
David Halik

Great, I didn't realize it was going to be so fast.

Thanks for the info.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Johnny Hughes

Johnny Hughes wrote:

David Halik wrote:

Hi all, I was just wondering when this update will trickle down into
the Centos repo:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0611.html

Obviously, it just came out yesterday, so I'm not expecting it to
suddenly appear. Just curious what the turn around time usually is
for RHEL bug fixes that get released and when we should expect it.

As a side note, does anyone know if there is a way to get a hold of
an update like this without having support access to the RHN? I'm
guessing I just have to wait for a Centos release.

it is released ... you should be able to get it from mirror.centos.org

For the record ... if you read the release notes for centos-5.2 ... we
released a fixed version of that when we released centos-5.2 ... it was
available here, but is no longer necessary:

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/nss_ldap/5/

Old 07-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Scott Silva

on 7-29-2008 12:25 PM David Halik spake the following:

Scott Silva wrote:

[...]

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/nss_ldap-253-13.el5_2.1.src.rpm