Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Mike

Default Samba, SELinux and system created directories

Does anybody know what 'setsebool -P samba_export_all_rw on' is actually
supposed to do? I'm trying to share /tmp via samba and am seeing the same
results with samba_export_all_rw set to on or off.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what this is intended to do but from windows I
cannot see files in /tmp with 'tmp_t' security context (as shown by ls -lZ
/tmp). I do see those with 'smbd_tmp_t' which are files placed there from
windows via samba. I assumed that this boolean, when on, would allow
samba to see files in /tmp regardless of security context. I did try
'touch /.autorelabel' and rebooting, still no dice.

From /etc/samba/smb.conf:

# If you need to share a system created directory you can use one of the
# following (read-only/read-write):
# setsebool -P samba_export_all_ro on
# or
# setsebool -P samba_export_all_rw on