Old 07-29-2008, 11:05 AM
"Dirk H. Schulz"

Default Restricting User Rights massively

Hi folks,

is it possible to restrict the rights of a user to only do few, defined
actions, e.g. only look up cpu and memory usage, but not walk around in the
file system, not see any other hardware details, run any binaries/scripts?
I know several different techniques to achieve parts of this (like
chrooting him), but is there one technique to get it all?

Dirk

Old 07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 13:05 +0200, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> is it possible to restrict the rights of a user to only do few, defined
> actions, e.g. only look up cpu and memory usage, but not walk around in the
> file system, not see any other hardware details, run any binaries/scripts?
> I know several different techniques to achieve parts of this (like
> chrooting him), but is there one technique to get it all?

SELinux.