Old 07-28-2008, 06:26 PM
MHR

Default Hardware serial number access from (a) command(s)

Over the weekend, I had to make a technical support call on one of my
DVD burners, and at one point the recorded message mentioned I should
have my serial number handy. I thought there was a way to read that
from at least one piece of software on the system, but I couldn't
remember one and man -k on a number of subjects was unrevealing.

Can someone enlighten me (us)?

Thanks.

mhr