Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 AM
"Sergio Belkin"

Default Cyrus + Ldap...

Hi,

I have a server running with Centos 5.1 and:

Cyrus: Lan POP and IMAP server both with SSL and plain and login mechanisms

LDAP with SSL + SASL

User passwords in LDAP are encrypted.

Everything works fine. But I'd want to reduce overhead due SSL and
change to Cyrus with md5 mechanism (or another nonplain mechanism) Can
I do that? Please bear in mind, that I don't want to use
non-encrypyted passwords on LDAP.

Thanks in advance!

Open Kairos http://www.openkairos.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
Sergio Belkin -

Old 07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
"Miguel Filho"

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Everything works fine. But I'd want to reduce overhead due SSL and
> change to Cyrus with md5 mechanism (or another nonplain mechanism) Can
> I do that? Please bear in mind, that I don't want to use
> non-encrypyted passwords on LDAP.

I'm facing a similar problem. I've migrated an old NIS server (yeah,
believe me they still exist) to OpenLDAP. The passwords are encrypted
using the old crypt() function. I was hitting my head against the wall
to try to figure a way to make md5 mechanism to work using like you,
but I believe there is no way. It will work only if the password
stored in md5, IMHO.

Could some one confirm this?

Regards,

Miguel