Old 07-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default looking for Ubuntu config for Dag Wieers' mrepo

Hi

Does anyone have a sample configuration file to setup a repository for
Ubuntu, to use with mrepo?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Check out my technical blog, http://blog.softdux.com for Linux or other technical stuff

Old 07-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone have a sample configuration file to setup a repository for
> Ubuntu, to use with mrepo?

mrepo is for rpm based distributions as it builds yum/apt *rpm*
repositories.

No idea how you got the idea one could use it for deb based
distributions.

Ralph

Old 07-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Rudi Ahlers

Ralph Strangeness wrote:

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

Hi

Does anyone have a sample configuration file to setup a repository for
Ubuntu, to use with mrepo?

mrepo is for rpm based distributions as it builds yum/apt *rpm*
repositories.

No idea how you got the idea one could use it for deb based
distributions.

Ralph

Well, I was under the impressions it really just mirrored the upstream
repository? I'm trying to have a .deb repository on my LAN, and would
like to have it on my CentOS server, and the info on the Ubuntu forums
looks like it's meant to run on a Ubuntu machine only. So, I was hoping
someone has done this already?

Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Ralph Strangeness wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that supposed to be funny?

>> mrepo is for rpm based distributions as it builds yum/apt *rpm*
>> repositories.
>>
>> No idea how you got the idea one could use it for deb based
>> distributions.
>
> Well, I was under the impressions it really just mirrored the upstream
> repository? I'm trying to have a .deb repository on my LAN, and would
> like to have it on my CentOS server, and the info on the Ubuntu forums
> looks like it's meant to run on a Ubuntu machine only. So, I was hoping
> someone has done this already?

We run debmirror and debmirrorx on our ubuntu/debian mirror - which is
on CentOS. Those are just perl scripts, so they can run on CentOS.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 07-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Rudi Ahlers

Ralph Angenendt wrote:

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

Ralph Strangeness wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that supposed to be funny?

Where did u get that? I don't see it on my side?

mrepo is for rpm based distributions as it builds yum/apt *rpm*
repositories.

No idea how you got the idea one could use it for deb based
distributions.

Well, I was under the impressions it really just mirrored the upstream
repository? I'm trying to have a .deb repository on my LAN, and would
like to have it on my CentOS server, and the info on the Ubuntu forums
looks like it's meant to run on a Ubuntu machine only. So, I was hoping
someone has done this already?

We run debmirror and debmirrorx on our ubuntu/debian mirror - which is
on CentOS. Those are just perl scripts, so they can run on CentOS.

Cheers,

Ralph

Cool, so can you specify which repositories to mirror with it, like with
mrepo? Cause I don't want to mirror the whole ubuntu repo - bandwidth is
limited

Old 07-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Rudi Ahlers wrote on Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:48:41 +0200:

> Where did u get that? I don't see it on my side?

It's in the mail that was distributed to the list.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Old 07-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>
>>> Ralph Strangeness wrote:
>>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Is that supposed to be funny?
>>
> Where did u get that? I don't see it on my side?

In the mail you sent to this list.

>> We run debmirror and debmirrorx on our ubuntu/debian mirror - which is
>> on CentOS. Those are just perl scripts, so they can run on CentOS.
>
> Cool, so can you specify which repositories to mirror with it, like with
> mrepo? Cause I don't want to mirror the whole ubuntu repo - bandwidth is
> limited

Yes. I don't have syntax and configuration handy (cannot reach the
mirror from here), but it is doable with debmirror.

Ralph