-   -   You didn't give me some packages, so now I'm giving you some! R, TexLive, LyX, Gnumeric, etc. (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/131792-you-didnt-give-me-some-packages-so-now-im-giving-you-some-r-texlive-lyx-gnumeric-etc.html)

Scott Silva 07-25-2008 09:15 PM

You didn't give me some packages, so now I'm giving you some! R, TexLive, LyX, Gnumeric, etc.

on 7-25-2008 7:51 AM Paul Johnson spake the following:

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

I want up-to-dateish versions of TexLive, R, gnumeric, emacs, but on a
more-or-less stable base of Centos-5.2. I asked for packages in this,
but got no answers. So now I've built them and will let you try them
if you want. I used the source packages from Fedora 8 and 9.

You might want to take a look at joining up with rpmrepo for
distribution of packages. Folks are (sometimes with good reason)
reluctant to use packages from individuals. Rpmforge/rpmrepo are
respected repositories, and you'll be able to take advantage of plenty
of developer expertise.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've gone to http://reprepo.org and find
mostly "empty space" and links pointing nowhere.

It is so empty it doesn't even point to an actual server. Did you mean
http://rpmrepo.org/ ;-D

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Scott Silva 07-29-2008 08:01 PM

You didn't give me some packages, so now I'm giving you some! R, TexLive, LyX, Gnumeric, etc.

on 7-29-2008 12:29 PM Paul Johnson spake the following: