Old 07-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Daniel Bird

Default Missing SDLT600's

Hi All,
I have a CentOS5.2 server using a Qlogic QLE220 HBA, connected to
Quantum DX30 and M1800 libraries via a Qlogic SANbox 5600 switch. I've
installed the latest (v8.02.14) drivers from Qlogic for the HBA

The issue I have is I am missing 2 of the 4 SDLT drives provided by the
M1800 Library. The DX30 provides 6 drives, which are listed in dmesg
and assigned /dev/st0->5. I would expect the SDLT's to be st6->10 but I
only see up to st7 and dmesg only lists 2

Using the QLoigic SAN Surfer software all the LUN's/devices are visible
to the host.

FYI, I also have an old Sun220R connected to this same switch with a
qlogic card; Solaris 9 has no trouble seeing all LUNs and devices.

I've "googled" for a fair while and have not see anything that helps. My
FC knowledge on CentOS is limited so any help with troubleshooting this
would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Dan

Old 07-24-2008, 10:51 PM
"nate"

Daniel Bird wrote:

> Using the QLoigic SAN Surfer software all the LUN's/devices are visible
> to the host.

Do you see the devices in /proc/scsi/scsi ?

nate

Old 07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Daniel Bird

nate wrote:

Daniel Bird wrote:

Using the QLoigic SAN Surfer software all the LUN's/devices are visible
to the host.

Do you see the devices in /proc/scsi/scsi ?

Actually, no. Below is the output from /proc/scsi/scsi

Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 08 Lun: 00
Vendor: DP Model: BACKPLANE Rev: 1.05
Type: Enclosure ANSI SCSI revision: 05
Host: scsi0 Channel: 02 Id: 00 Lun: 00
Vendor: DELL Model: PERC 5/i Rev: 1.03
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
Vendor: ATL Model: P1000 6220050 Rev: 0230
Type: Medium Changer ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 01
Vendor: QUANTUM Model: DLT7000 Rev: 2769
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 02
Vendor: QUANTUM Model: DLT7000 Rev: 2769
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 03
Vendor: QUANTUM Model: DLT7000 Rev: 2769
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
Vendor: QUANTUM Model: DLT7000 Rev: 2769
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 01
Vendor: QUANTUM Model: DLT7000 Rev: 2769
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 02
Vendor: QUANTUM Model: DLT7000 Rev: 2769
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
Vendor: M4 DATA Model: MagFile Rev: 6.0
Type: Medium Changer ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 01
Vendor: QUANTUM Model: SDLT600 Rev: 1A1A
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 02
Vendor: QUANTUM Model: SDLT600 Rev: 1A1A
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 03
Vendor: ATTO Model: 1290 Services Rev: 1.46
Type: Enclosure ANSI SCSI revision: 02
<sniped>
Lots of RAID 5 Devices from disk array

Dan

Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 PM
"nate"

Daniel Bird wrote:

> Actually, no. Below is the output from /proc/scsi/scsi
[..]
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 01
> Vendor: QUANTUM Model: SDLT600 Rev: 1A1A
> Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 02
> Vendor: QUANTUM Model: SDLT600 Rev: 1A1A
> Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02

You can try rescanning the bus:

http://misterd77.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-scan-scsi-bus-with-26-kernel.html

But it sounds like despite what the qlogic app says the devices
are not exported to the host.

nate

Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Daniel Bird

nate wrote:

You can try rescanning the bus:

http://misterd77.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-scan-scsi-bus-with-26-kernel.html

But it sounds like despite what the qlogic app says the devices
are not exported to the host.

Thanks Nate, I've tried that solution and a whole bunch of other tools
from Qlogic, still no joy. The thing that confuses me is the drives are
viable to my Solaris host. I'll give Quantum a ring and see if there is
anything needed on the M1800 to remedy this.

Dan