Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Bill Campbell

Default pptp server configuration

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008, Ramon Nieto wrote:

> Hello all,
> i'm using the poptop server with centos 5.2 to give the vpn service at
> the company i work for. Some people are using the same account to use
> the service.
> 've been searching in google and the poptop site but i have not found
> any information about blocking multiple connections using the same
> account. The goal is to restrict only one connection per account.
> Any suggestions or pointers to documentation will be really
> apreciated.

When I had a request recently to implement pptp on CentOS 5.x,
and found that it was not supported in the standard kernels and
repos, I took that as a great opportunity to get the customer
away from PPTP (the work of Kindergarten Cryptographers according
to at least one well-know security site), to something better.

They are now using OpenVPN instead, and are very happy with it.

Bill
Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
Fax: (206) 232-9186

Nobody wants to be called common people, especially common people.
Will Rogers

Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Ramon Nieto

They are now using OpenVPN instead, and are very happy with it.
I know openvpn is a better solution i'm using it to connect the branch offices with the main office.

We use pptp because the easy configuration on the user's computer, there is no need to install extra software and it works with clients using windows, linux or mac.