Old 07-24-2008, 05:00 PM
MHR

Default need content of /etc/redhat-release

2008/7/24 mcclnx mcc <mcclnx@yahoo.com.tw>:
> Thanks.
>
> what I need is "original REDHAT version" /etc/redhat-release not CENTOS.

Please do NOT top post....

mhr

Old 07-24-2008, 05:01 PM
MHR

2008/7/24 Daniel Bird <dbird@sgul.ac.uk>:
> mcclnx mcc wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. what I need is "original REDHAT version" /etc/redhat-release not
>> CENTOS.
>>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/red-hat-31/looking-for-redhat-release-file-for-rh45-538031/
>
> Plus
>
> RHEL 5.1 x86_64 :
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)
> RHEL 5.2 x86_64:
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga)

Are you SURE about that?

Also, please edit the chaff out of your replies.

Thanks.

mhr

Old 07-25-2008, 04:33 AM
"Indunil Jayasooriya"

> Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 6)
>

> I don't have a RHEL 5.2 at hand right now to give you the other.

here's mine

[root@mail ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga)

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya

Old 07-25-2008, 04:45 AM
Ray Van Dolson

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 09:33:37PM -0700, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

> > Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 6)
> >

> > I don't have a RHEL 5.2 at hand right now to give you the other.
>
> here's mine
>
> [root@mail ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga)

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

Ray