Old 07-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Gopinath Achari

Default Firewall in CentOS 5.1

hi all,

Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
offices.

Regards
Gopinath M.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:34 AM
MJT

On Thursday 24 July 2008 1:34:01 am Gopinath Achari wrote:
> hi all,
>
> Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
> server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
> offices.

The firewall is the same, IPtables. The front end interface can be different.
I like FWbuilder because it give the most flexible of any front ends I have
seen.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 AM
GS R

Gopinath Achari wrote:

hi all,

Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
offices.

Regards
Gopinath M.

You can also try Shorewall.

Thanks
Gowrishankar Rajaiyan

Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 AM
andylockran

Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Robert Spangler

On Thursday 24 July 2008 03:34, Gopinath Achari wrote:

> Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
> server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
> offices.

IPTABLES is the best firewall you are going to get on Linux.
Sure you can use a gui program but nothing beats the CLI.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!
Linux User #296285
http://counter.li.org

Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Ray Leventhal

Robert Spangler wrote:

Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
offices.

adding a late voice to this thread, I've used and enjoyed the cli of apf
which acts as a front end for iptables

http://rfxnetworks.com/apf.php

no rpm of which I'm aware, but the install is non-intrusive and very simple

-Ray

Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 AM
News

Ray Leventhal ha scritto:

Robert Spangler wrote:

Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server.
This

server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
offices.

adding a late voice to this thread, I've used and enjoyed the cli of apf
which acts as a front end for iptables

http://rfxnetworks.com/apf.php

no rpm of which I'm aware, but the install is non-intrusive and very simple

-Ray

I use shorewall in some server from 5-6 yesars without problems.
http://www.shorewall.net/

Amedeo Fragai