-   -   Firewall in CentOS 5.1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/130679-firewall-centos-5-1-a.html)

Gopinath Achari 07-24-2008 07:34 AM

Firewall in CentOS 5.1

hi all,

Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
offices.

Regards
Gopinath M.

MJT 07-24-2008 08:34 AM

Firewall in CentOS 5.1

On Thursday 24 July 2008 1:34:01 am Gopinath Achari wrote:
> hi all,
>
> Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
> server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
> offices.

The firewall is the same, IPtables. The front end interface can be different.
I like FWbuilder because it give the most flexible of any front ends I have
seen.

GS R 07-24-2008 10:46 AM

Firewall in CentOS 5.1

Gopinath Achari wrote:

hi all,

Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
offices.

Regards
Gopinath M.

You can also try Shorewall.

Thanks
Gowrishankar Rajaiyan

andylockran 07-24-2008 11:31 AM

Firewall in CentOS 5.1

Robert Spangler 07-24-2008 10:46 PM

Firewall in CentOS 5.1

On Thursday 24 July 2008 03:34, Gopinath Achari wrote:

> Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
> server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
> offices.

IPTABLES is the best firewall you are going to get on Linux.
Sure you can use a gui program but nothing beats the CLI.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!
Linux User #296285
http://counter.li.org

Ray Leventhal 07-25-2008 07:44 PM

Firewall in CentOS 5.1

Robert Spangler wrote:

Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server. This
server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
offices.

adding a late voice to this thread, I've used and enjoyed the cli of apf
which acts as a front end for iptables

http://rfxnetworks.com/apf.php

no rpm of which I'm aware, but the install is non-intrusive and very simple

-Ray

News 07-26-2008 09:15 AM

Firewall in CentOS 5.1

Ray Leventhal ha scritto:

Robert Spangler wrote:

Please suggest me a good firewall package for Cent OS 5.1 Server.
This

server is going to face to internet and will be accessed by the branch
offices.

adding a late voice to this thread, I've used and enjoyed the cli of apf
which acts as a front end for iptables

http://rfxnetworks.com/apf.php

no rpm of which I'm aware, but the install is non-intrusive and very simple

-Ray

I use shorewall in some server from 5-6 yesars without problems.
http://www.shorewall.net/

Amedeo Fragai