Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM
"David Dyer-Bennet"

Default NFS V4?

Looks like just starting the nfs service turns on V2, 3, and 4 (based on
reading the script, reading the man pages, and looking at the ports using
netstat -l).

However, I can connect using -t nfs in the mount, and -t nfs4 fails.

I don't believe this is a firewall issue, internal IPs are fully open to
each other according to an early rule in iptables.

$ sudo mount host03:/home/ddb /mnt/ddb -t nfs4 -o rw,hard,intr
mount: permission denied

but

$ sudo mount host03:/home/ddb /mnt/ddb -t nfs -o rw,hard,intr
$

I'm not sure I especially care about NFS V4 (this is to share the
programmers' home directories, so it's easy to work on any of the
production systems; it won't be particularly high-load or any particularly
strange usage pattern), but I care about understanding things at least.

Both systems are running Centos 4.6.

Any ideas?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/