Old 07-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Alex

Default Dual video card, 1 monitor each (ref dual head) CentoS4.6 xorg does only 1 head

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:03:16 -0400
"William L. Maltby" <CentOS4Bill@triad.rr.com> took out a #2 pencil
and scribbled:

> I need to start running a dual head on one of my machines.
> Eventual target is CentOS 5.x. Decided to test first on my 4.6
> setup (eventually it will achieve 5.x). Both machines are fully
> up to date.
>
> The test machine is 4.6, 2 radeon video cards. Searched the web,
> CentOS site, even bugzilla. This bugzilla entry from a 4.2
> system), http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1875
> had only a WFM response.
>
> I've attached a gzipped text file of pertinent information.
>
> Briefly, kudzu did the right thing when I installed the second
> card. System-config-display also behaved correctly. X start ok,
> but will only use one head at a time. Adding a second "BusID" so
> that both cards are explicitly addressed didn't help. When the 2
> "BusID" entries are switched, the active screen doesn't move
> (it's always "Screen0") and the ignored screen ("Screen1")
> remains the same. The monitor attached to the video card for
> "Screen0" becomes the active one.
>
> Q1: Anyone have a two video card CentOS 4.6 setup working?
>
> Q2: Is it working in CentOS 5?
>
> Q3: Anyone see something I'm doing wrong? Suggestions?
>
> TIA,

This was addressed on the list at one point, and marked as solved
by the poster.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-May/080915.html

Does this help you out? I haven't had occasion to play with dual
head yet.

A quick google also turned this up, but it is not directly related
to CentOS, I run an nvidia card and can't speak to how well this
would work for you.

http://www.linuxine.com/2008/06/how-to-enable-dual-monitors-with-ati-diplay-card-in-linux.html

Mind the line wrapping.

HTH