-   -   SOLVED - wireshark install did not seem to work (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/129410-solved-wireshark-install-did-not-seem-work.html)

Robert Moskowitz 07-22-2008 01:14 PM

SOLVED - wireshark install did not seem to work

Thunk for a bit and did a yum search wireshark

And there it was: wireshark-gnome

Installed it and I am set. Grumble grumble.....

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
I needed wireshark on a test system; I had not installed it at setup
time.

So I did a yum install wireshark

This seemed to have worked, but there is no executable that I can
locate, and wireshark in not in the gnome panel.

So I looked at a system were I had installed wireshark intitally, and
I see a symlink for it in /usr/bin to consolehelper.

What do I do to get wireshark working?