Old 07-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default wireshark install did not seem to work

I needed wireshark on a test system; I had not installed it at setup time.

So I did a yum install wireshark

This seemed to have worked, but there is no executable that I can
locate, and wireshark in not in the gnome panel.

So I looked at a system were I had installed wireshark intitally, and I
see a symlink for it in /usr/bin to consolehelper.

What do I do to get wireshark working?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Ned Slider

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

I needed wireshark on a test system; I had not installed it at setup time.

So I did a yum install wireshark

This seemed to have worked, but there is no executable that I can
locate, and wireshark in not in the gnome panel.

So I looked at a system were I had installed wireshark intitally, and I
see a symlink for it in /usr/bin to consolehelper.

What do I do to get wireshark working?

Did you also install wireshark-gnome?

If not, give that a try and wireshark should then be available on your
menus.