Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
dnk

Default recommended repo for php 5.2.3 +

Good day all,

I have been searching on google for the recommended repo for php 5.2.3
+ for centos... I saw at one point it was in the testing repo, but was
pulled due to no one testing it.

Is there a recommended repo that people feel is safe for a CentOS 5.x
to get php 5.23 + ?

I know i can compile and install, but i like to keep as "vanilla" as
possible.

Thanks in advance.

Dustin

Old 07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Johnny Hughes

dnk wrote:

Good day all,

I have been searching on google for the recommended repo for php 5.2.3 +
for centos... I saw at one point it was in the testing repo, but was
pulled due to no one testing it.

Is there a recommended repo that people feel is safe for a CentOS 5.x to
get php 5.23 + ?

I know i can compile and install, but i like to keep as "vanilla" as
possible.

The place I would recommend getting this from is:

http://www.jasonlitka.com/

repo for c5:
http://www.jasonlitka.com/media/EL5/

I have worked with Jason a couple times since MySQL stop releasing their
tarballs publicly and I had to obtain and build MySQL for CentOS-4 plus
via the MySQL Enterprise source tree.

I don't currently use his repo personally, but I have in the past and I
do know that he is very knowledgeable and creates high quality, "Red Hat
like" packages. I have no problems recommending his repo for latest and
greatest web stack with centos.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Old 07-21-2008, 05:49 PM
dnk

[...]

Thanks for the confirmation Johnny. I was actually just installing his
repo, as it did not seem to need the EPEL as the other repo I had
found many referring to.

Dustin