-   -   copy (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/128726-copy.html)

"Mad Unix" 07-21-2008 02:09 PM

copy

I want to copy all the following files/folder/subfolders under
/usr/local/apache/htdocs to a remote server within this directory
/var/www/html/

Am I correct with this command, or far away offff

tar zcvf -* /usr/local/apache/htdocs | ssh root@1.2.3.4 "cat > /var/www/html/htdocs.tar.gz"

Thanks
--
Your search - madunix - did not match any documents.

"Bo Lynch" 07-21-2008 02:12 PM

copy

On Mon, July 21, 2008 10:09 am, Mad Unix wrote:
> I want to copy all the following files/folder/subfolders under
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs to a remote server within this directory
> /var/www/html/
> Am I correct with this command, or far away offff
>
> tar zcvf - /usr/local/apache/htdocs | ssh root@1.2.3.4 "cat >
> /var/www/html/htdocs.tar.gz"
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Your search - madunix - did not match any documents.

You can also do a scp -prC /usr/local/apache/htdocs/
root@1.2.3.4:/var/www/html/htdocs/ if you do not need to archive the
files.
Bo

Tom Brown 07-21-2008 03:20 PM

copy

I want to copy all the following files/folder/subfolders under
/usr/local/apache/htdocs to a remote server within this directory
/var/www/html/

Am I correct with this command, or far away offff

tar zcvf - /usr/local/apache/htdocs | ssh root@1.2.3.4
<mailto:root@1.2.3.4> "cat > /var/www/html/htdocs.tar.gz"

Thanks

rsync over ssh is good for network copies as it preserves permissions
nicely if you ask it

"Mad Unix" 07-21-2008 04:14 PM

copy

How would you do the
tar zcvf - */usr/local/apache/htdocs | ssh root@1.2.3.4 <mailto:root@1.2.3.4> "cat > /var/www/html/htdocs.tar.gz"

with rsync and the to have it* in the crontab* to run everyday.

Thanks

"Bo Lynch" 07-21-2008 05:09 PM

copy

On Mon, July 21, 2008 12:14 pm, Mad Unix wrote:
> How would you do the
> tar zcvf - /usr/local/apache/htdocs | ssh root@1.2.3.4
> <mailto:root@1.2.3.4>
> "cat > /var/www/html/htdocs.tar.gz"
>
> with rsync and the to have it in the crontab to run everyday.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Tom Brown <tom@ng23.net> wrote:
>

>> I want to copy all the following files/folder/subfolders under
>>> /usr/local/apache/htdocs to a remote server within this directory
>>> /var/www/html/
>>> Am I correct with this command, or far away offff
>>>
>>> tar zcvf - /usr/local/apache/htdocs | ssh root@1.2.3.4 <mailto:
>>> root@1.2.3.4> "cat > /var/www/html/htdocs.tar.gz"
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> rsync over ssh is good for network copies as it preserves permissions
>> nicely if you ask it

> Your search - madunix - did not match any documents.

If you want a simple rsync then you can do
rsync -av /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ -e root@1.2.3.4:/var/www/html/htdocs/

If you want to to compress it first then do

tar zcvf htdocs.tar.gz /usr/local/apache/htdocs
rsync -av /usr/local/apache/htdocs/htdocs.tar.gz -e

"Dan Carl" 07-21-2008 07:03 PM

copy