Old 07-21-2008, 11:47 AM
"Mad Unix"

Default OCI

We do have 2xDB on the System One for the Core based on Oracle10g and the rivate one based for MySQL
normally I do Apache Install and php from the source and bind it Oracle10g OCI
This time i installed Apache/MySQL through yum install <package>

Thanks

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Jim Perrin <jperrin@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Mad Unix <madunix@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am running centos5 , I want to compile my apache *with php to support the

> following

> './configure' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'

> '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib/'

> '--enable-versioning' '--enable-track-vars=yes'

> '--enable-url-includes--enable-sysvshm=yes' '--enable-sysvsem=yes'

> '--with-gettext' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-calendar'

> '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-oci8=/u01/app/oracle/product/10g/db'

> '--enable-soap' '--with-gd' '--enable-xml' '--with-xml' '--enable-sysvsem'

> '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--with-regex=system' '--with-png'

> '--with-ttf=/usr/lib' '--with-freetype=/usr/lib' '--enable-sigchild'

> '--with-openssl' '--with-iconv'

Okay, If I'm reading this right, you built a separate apache apart

from the one shipped in the distro, as well as a separate mysql. Is

this correct? Why did you do this? Also, why install mysql at all if

you're using oracle?

George Orwell

Your search - madunix - did not match any documents.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:15 PM
"Mad Unix"

My Question is: How to build the OCI8 extension module for php5 under CentOS5?

Thanks

--
Your search - madunix - did not match any documents.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Johnny Hughes

Mad Unix wrote:

My Question is: How to build the OCI8 extension module for php5 under
CentOS5?

You will need to rebuild the RPM with ociheaders installed and with the
--with-oci8 switch ...

http://www.2question.com/demo/install_php_on_redhat_linux_with_10g.html

<snip>

Old 07-21-2008, 06:03 PM

Mad Unix wrote:

My Question is: How to build the OCI8 extension module for php5 under
CentOS5?

I've had some success using these instructions / rpms / srpms:
http://freshrpms.net/docs/oracle/

Jacob Leaver
Sr Systems Administrator
ReachONE Internet

Old 07-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Jay Leafey

I am a bit hesitant to suggest this, but Oracle has already built
RHEL-compatible php packages, including php-OCI8. You can find the
files at http://oss.oracle.com/projects/php/, built for both RHEL 4u6
and RHEL 5u1. The php-oci8 package depend on the Oracle Instant Client
(also available as RPMs), which means you don't have to do a full Oracle
install unless you need the actual database server.

I have used them under CentOS 5u2 with good results, but be warned, they
will be NOT supported by Red Hat, Oracle, or CentOS.

--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey@mindless.com

Old 07-22-2008, 04:51 AM
"Mad Unix"

any one used this method on CenTOS5 64bit

http://pecl.php.net/package/oci8
#pecl install oci8

Old 07-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala

Tuesday 22 July 2008 06:51:33 Mad Unix napisał(a):
> any one used this method on CenTOS5 64bit

Yes, we are using it on many servers with no problems. We are also using
custom made RPMs with oracle-client and oci - the same story there, no
problems.

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
Systems Architecture Engineer
IT Infrastructure Department