Old 07-21-2008, 02:44 AM
"Michael A. Peters"

Default Nautilus Behavior

In CentOS 5.1 - if I had a folder open on my desktop on one worskspace
screen and I was in another workspace, and I double clicked the folder
icon on my desktop, it would bring the open folder to my current workspace.

In CentOS 5.2 it does not do that. I can't find a setting to change the
behavior to what I like. Any suggestions?

Old 03-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Jim Byrnes

I use Nautilus in the List View. If I grab the side and widen the
window the Name column takes up a greater percentage of the window
width. It ends up way wider than it needs to be to show the file names.
If I try to shrink it, I see the double arrows like expected but the
size of the column will not change. I see this in both Lucid on the
desktop and Maverick on my laptop.

Is there a way around this or is it just something you have live with
when using Nautilus?

Thanks, Jim

Old 03-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Colin Law

On 25 March 2011 16:05, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes@comcast.net> wrote:
> I use Nautilus in the List View. *If I grab the side and widen the window
> the Name column takes up a greater percentage of the window width. *It ends
> up way wider than it needs to be to show the file names. If I try to shrink
> it, I see the double arrows like expected but the size of the column will
> not change. I see this in both Lucid on the desktop and Maverick on my
> laptop.

Instead of trying to resize the name column, resize one of the others.
Then if you grab the side of the window the name column will adjust
to fill up the remaining space. In practice this is ok as the other
columns are (mostly?) fixed width text.

Colin

Old 03-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Jim Byrnes

Colin Law wrote:

I use Nautilus in the List View. If I grab the side and widen the window
the Name column takes up a greater percentage of the window width. It ends
up way wider than it needs to be to show the file names. If I try to shrink
it, I see the double arrows like expected but the size of the column will
not change. I see this in both Lucid on the desktop and Maverick on my
laptop.

Instead of trying to resize the name column, resize one of the others.
Then if you grab the side of the window the name column will adjust
to fill up the remaining space. In practice this is ok as the other
columns are (mostly?) fixed width text.

Colin

Thanks Colin, that helps.

Regards, Jim