Old 07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Bob Taylor

Default Kernels From CentOS Plus

I found I have the following kernels installed last night:

kernel-devel-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
kernel-headers-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
kernel-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
kernel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
kernel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus

Evidently I have a wrong priority for centos plus? I have the priority
in every item in CentOS-base.repo set to 1. I *think* the kernel in
centos plus was a special one.

Thanks,

Bob
--
Bob Taylor

Old 07-20-2008, 09:29 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Bob Taylor <bob8221@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found I have the following kernels installed last night:
>
> kernel-devel-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
> kernel-headers-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
> kernel-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
> kernel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> kernel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
> kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
>
> Evidently I have a wrong priority for centos plus? I have the priority
> in every item in CentOS-base.repo set to 1. I *think* the kernel in
> centos plus was a special one.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Hi Uncle Bob,

What is the priority for centosplus set to? It must be larger than 1
to give base/updates a higher priority. Also make sure you are not
excluding kernel in base/updates.

Akemi

Old 07-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Bob Taylor

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 14:29 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Bob Taylor <bob8221@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I found I have the following kernels installed last night:
> >
> > kernel-devel-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
> > kernel-headers-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> > kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
> > kernel-2.6.18-53.1.21.el5
> > kernel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> > kernel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
> > kernel-devel-2.6.18-92.1.6.el5.centos.plus
> >
> > Evidently I have a wrong priority for centos plus? I have the priority
> > in every item in CentOS-base.repo set to 1. I *think* the kernel in
> > centos plus was a special one.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob
>
> Hi Uncle Bob,
>
> What is the priority for centosplus set to? It must be larger than 1
> to give base/updates a higher priority. Also make sure you are not
> excluding kernel in base/updates.

Hi niece Akemi,

Centosplus's priority was 1. I had totally forgotten a special kernel
was in that repo and no, I don't have the kernel excluded in
base/updates. I have since increased the priority of all Centos repos
other than base to a number greater than 1. I hope there are no other
problems!

Thanks. Always a pleasure to talk to you! Now to remove the centos.plus
kernel.

Bob
--
Bob Taylor

Old 07-21-2008, 06:01 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Bob Taylor <bob8221@gmail.com> wrote:

> Centosplus's priority was 1. I had totally forgotten a special kernel
> was in that repo and no, I don't have the kernel excluded in
> base/updates. I have since increased the priority of all Centos repos
> other than base to a number greater than 1.

I just wanted to make sure your keep 'updates' at 1. That is,
increase the priority of all Centos repos other than base AND
updates...

Your niece Akemi

Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Bob Taylor

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 23:01 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Bob Taylor <bob8221@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Centosplus's priority was 1. I had totally forgotten a special kernel
> > was in that repo and no, I don't have the kernel excluded in
> > base/updates. I have since increased the priority of all Centos repos
> > other than base to a number greater than 1.
>
> I just wanted to make sure your keep 'updates' at 1. That is,
> increase the priority of all Centos repos other than base AND
> updates...

OK. Base and updates are priority 1. The rest are greater than 1.

Thanks!

> Your niece Akemi

Your uncle Bob
--