Old 07-20-2008, 04:13 PM
"Nigel Kendrick"

Default Exploit 'in the wild' for Trixbox

Just in case anyone else needs to know - there's an exploit 'in the wild'
for Trixbox (which is CentOS based) that allows malicious code to be
installed on a server. I discovered that one of my Trixbox servers was
running 3 instances of a perl-based IRC botnet process called httpdse and
this was pegging the CPU at 100%.

Notes, comments, removal instructions, patches etc. here:

http://trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/open-discussion/critical-remote-roo
t-exploit-trixbox-wild

Guess that teaches me not to open the Trixbox Web interface to the world.

Regards,

Nigel Kendrick