Old 07-17-2008, 07:05 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default Howto: Java Plugin for Firefox 3.0.1?

Can anyone here give me the magic decoder ring recipe for getting jre
"plugged" into Firefox 3.0.1? The plugins directory is gone and the
Firefox FAQ regarding this issue cryptically mentions that plugin support
has been dropped. It then points one to a early adopter SUN jre1.6-10 page
that has innumerable dependencies which my version of CentOS-5.2 does not
meet.

Firefox 3.0.0 had a plugins directory and it did support the logical link
plugin:

ls -s libjavaplugin_oji.so
/usr/java/default/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

I have no clue how to get java to work in FF3.0.1 at the moment. Any help
would be appreciated.

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241