FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-17-2008, 02:01 PM
MHR
 
Default yum update glitch on latest update to 5.2

]# yum update
Loading "priorities" plugin
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.hmc.edu
* updates: mirrors.versaweb.com
* kbs-CentOS-Extras: centos.karan.org
* extras: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Base
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Updates
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS.Karan.Org-EL5 - Stable
Finished
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package xulrunner.x86_64 0:1.9.0.1-1.el5_2 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 for package: nspluginwrapper
--> Processing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 for package: nspluginwrapper
---> Package yelp.x86_64 0:2.16.0-20.el5_2 set to be updated
---> Package firefox.x86_64 0:3.0.1-1.el5.centos set to be updated
---> Package firefox.i386 0:3.0.1-1.el5.centos set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 for package: nspluginwrapper
--> Processing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 for package: nspluginwrapper
---> Package xulrunner.i386 0:1.9.0.1-1.el5_2 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 is needed by package nspluginwrapper

Something missing?

mhr
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 07-17-2008, 02:15 PM
"Akemi Yagi"
 
Default yum update glitch on latest update to 5.2

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 7:01 AM, MHR <mhullrich@gmail.com> wrote:

> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 is needed by package nspluginwrapper
>
> Something missing?

This is a known issue:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=455601

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 07-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Johnny Hughes
 
Default yum update glitch on latest update to 5.2

Akemi Yagi wrote:

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 7:01 AM, MHR <mhullrich@gmail.com> wrote:


--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 is needed by package nspluginwrapper

Something missing?


This is a known issue:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=455601



I am building a new version now that Red Hat has just released, should
be pushed in soon


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 07-17-2008, 03:23 PM
"Lanny Marcus"
 
Default yum update glitch on latest update to 5.2

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:01 AM, MHR <mhullrich@gmail.com> wrote:
> ]# yum update
> Loading "priorities" plugin
> Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
> Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
> * base: mirror.hmc.edu
> * updates: mirrors.versaweb.com
> * kbs-CentOS-Extras: centos.karan.org
> * extras: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
> Excluding Packages in global exclude list
> Finished
> Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Base
> Finished
> Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Updates
> Finished
> Excluding Packages from CentOS.Karan.Org-EL5 - Stable
> Finished
> 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections

Why does it say 0 packages excluded? On my CentOS 5.2 Desktop,
it says it excludes about 285 packages, because of repository
priority protections. Is priorities working properly or
am I missing something, because I'm a newbie?

<snip> (the rest of the transaction followed)
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 07-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Johnny Hughes
 
Default yum update glitch on latest update to 5.2

Lanny Marcus wrote:

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:01 AM, MHR <mhullrich@gmail.com> wrote:

]# yum update
Loading "priorities" plugin
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: mirror.hmc.edu
* updates: mirrors.versaweb.com
* kbs-CentOS-Extras: centos.karan.org
* extras: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Base
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Updates
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS.Karan.Org-EL5 - Stable
Finished
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections


Why does it say 0 packages excluded? On my CentOS 5.2 Desktop,
it says it excludes about 285 packages, because of repository
priority protections. Is priorities working properly or
am I missing something, because I'm a newbie?

<snip> (the rest of the transaction followed)


Depends on what repos are active and priority settings.

If all the repos that are "enabled=1" have the same priority setting ...
OR ... if there are not any "overlapping packages" in repos with
different priority settings then there will be no packages excluded.



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 07-17-2008, 10:09 PM
"Lanny Marcus"
 
Default yum update glitch on latest update to 5.2

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:
> Lanny Marcus wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:01 AM, MHR <mhullrich@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ]# yum update
>>> Loading "priorities" plugin
>>> Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
>>> Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
>>> * base: mirror.hmc.edu
>>> * updates: mirrors.versaweb.com
>>> * kbs-CentOS-Extras: centos.karan.org
>>> * extras: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
>>> Excluding Packages in global exclude list
>>> Finished
>>> Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Base
>>> Finished
>>> Excluding Packages from CentOS-5 - Updates
>>> Finished
>>> Excluding Packages from CentOS.Karan.Org-EL5 - Stable
>>> Finished
>>> 0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
>>
>> Why does it say 0 packages excluded? On my CentOS 5.2 Desktop,
>> it says it excludes about 285 packages, because of repository
>> priority protections. Is priorities working properly or
>> am I missing something, because I'm a newbie?
>>
>> <snip> (the rest of the transaction followed)
>
> Depends on what repos are active and priority settings.
>
> If all the repos that are "enabled=1" have the same priority setting ... OR
> ... if there are not any "overlapping packages" in repos with different
> priority settings then there will be no packages excluded.

Johnny: Thank you for the explanation! Lanny
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org