Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 AM
ne...

Default Replacing custom kernel with another - with same identifier

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 08:05, Antti J. Huhtala <ahuhtal4@welho.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just finished building a custom kernel from 2.6.18-53.1.21 source rpm
> - this time with ISA bus and ISAPNP support which I accidentally left
> out of my previous attempt.
> Unfortunately, this time I forgot to change my identifier in
> kernel-2.6.spec file. Thus I now have one *installed* kernel version
> *without* ISA support, and another one *with* ISA support but as rpm,
> not yet installed. Both kernels now have identical identifiers.
>
> What is the safe way to remove the previous installed kernel version
> without taking out the uninstalled new version? Is the latter safe in
> ~/rpmbuild/RPMS if I use 'rpm -e' to remove the former version?
There is no need to remove the old kernel. Use the --replacefiles option to
rpm when installing the new kernel. Then verify that your grub.conf/lilo.conf
has the correct entry.

--
Laurence J. Peter - "Originality is the fine art of remembering what
you hear but forgetting where you heard it."

Thu Jul 17 11:30:01 2008
From: "TransNet =?iso-8859-1?B?SW5mb3Jt4XRpY2E=?="
<transnetinformatica@googlepage.zzn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:17:36 -0300
To: fedora-art-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: new Artwork ideas for FC10
Sender: fedora-art-list-bounces@redhat.com

Well, I'm a new artworker (or I'm trying to be it, at least) in Fedora's =
artwork team, sincerely I don't jnow about other artworkers, but my opini=
o is your idea is good enough, even for remembering all those gys whose m=
ade Fedora to be just what it is!=20

You thougt greatly.

DruPen

P.S.

I don't know how to put some ideas at Fedora's discusion list and how to =
colaborate with the team. Discusion lists for me is a new thing, I'm "bli=
nd", but I would like to desing, translate into Portugues and so on...Tel=
l me whow.

TransNet Inform=E1tica
Evolu=E7=E3o Constante
Get your Free E-mail at http://www.googlepage.zzn.com