Old 07-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Problems with building an rpm

Akemi Yagi wrote:

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:

Well it was that make rpm command that finally failed. And sudo was the
problem. I got a message something like:

Assuming that you are in /etc/sudoers!!!!

And then asked for a password.

Which password? My userid or root's? I tried both and after 3 tries got:

me is not in sudoers file. This incident will be reported.
removing '/home/me/rpmbuild/BUILD/hipl--main--2.6/hipl-1.0.4'

So I look at /etc/sudoers and do not understand what I am suppose to do
there.

A bit of help would be greatly appreciated!

Here:

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BecomingRoot#head-5a98c43bd135904d720095ff461d52aa7b5

Thanks.

That got me a little further. Error I am getting now, is most likely
something within the build and I have to get with my colleague. Needing
a directory under /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.11531

sigh. This is NOT easy.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:45 AM
R P Herrold

Assuming that you are in /etc/sudoers!!!!
And then asked for a password.
Which password? My userid or root's? I tried both and after 3 tries got:

me is not in sudoers file. This incident will be reported.
removing '/home/me/rpmbuild/BUILD/hipl--main--2.6/hipl-1.0.4'

The end user account password is what sudo is looking for ...
as noted, it seems you had not configured /etc/sudoers to
include you.

So I look at /etc/sudoers and do not understand what I am
suppose to do there.

A sample entry which permits a single user machine to do root
operations when needed, but to stay in its non-priv'd mode
most of the time looks like something as simple as:

[herrold@new ~]$ sudo grep herrold /etc/sudoers
Password: [here, the end user 'herrold's password]
herrold ALL=(ALL) ALL
[herrold@new ~]$

... We need root rights to read /etc/sudoers, or else it would
have not been needed except for teaching reasons.

A bit of help would be greatly appreciated!

Hope this helps .. I wonder a bit at your description of
untarring, ./configure'ing, etc ... that is not part of rpm
building from .spec or SRPM.

-- Russ herrold

Old 07-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Robert Moskowitz

thanks for replying.

R P Herrold wrote:

[...]

Here is what I was told to do:

wget http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/hipl.tar.gz

you can build on CentOS by executing:

tar xvzf hipl.tar.gz
cd hipl--main--2.6
./autogen.sh
./configure
make rpm

("make install" works too, but installs to /usr/local by default)

Software requirements are listed here:

http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/ch02.html

Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Johnny Hughes

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

thanks for replying.

R P Herrold wrote:

[...]

OK ... after several changes to the spec file, I got this to build. The
process was rather intense, so rather than trying to document it I will
post a good SRPM after I verify that all the build requirements are
there and it will also build the same in mock.

So, in a couple minutes expect a link to download a GOOD SRPM for this
package that builds on centos-5 i386 and x86_64

Old 07-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Robert Moskowitz

wow!!!!

Johnny Hughes wrote:

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

thanks for replying.

R P Herrold wrote:

[...]

I am SOOOO thankful.

You will definitely get a line of recognition for my IETF presentation
on SIP over HIP over Teredo in two weeks! I should not have been sooo
schrunched for time. I waited for management to get me the hardware for
this 'experiment', and 4 months later it is finally ordered; I have had
to cobble gear together....

Old 07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Thu, 2008-07-17 at 06:45 -0600, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> <snip>

> I am SOOOO thankful.
>
> You will definitely get a line of recognition for my IETF presentation
> on SIP over HIP over Teredo in two weeks! I should not have been sooo

Lobby your management to make a contribution or provide some kind of
support for the project. Remind them of "enlightened self-interest"
principle.

--
Bill

Old 07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Johnny Hughes

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

wow!!!!

Johnny Hughes wrote:

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

thanks for replying.

R P Herrold wrote:

[...]

No problem

You will definitely get a line of recognition for my IETF presentation
on SIP over HIP over Teredo in two weeks! I should not have been sooo
schrunched for time. I waited for management to get me the hardware for
this 'experiment', and 4 months later it is finally ordered; I have had
to cobble gear together....

look here:

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/hipl/

You should be able to build that on CentOS-5.x with no problems. Now,
whether it does everything you need, I don't know.

Also be advised that 1.0.3 is the latest stable release from them, and
1.0.4 seems to be something from SVN and not a normal release.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes