Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Problems with building an rpm

I followed the setup instructions from
http://www.owlriver.com/tips/non-root/ (link from the Centos wiki). All
this is done on another 'clean' system, so I have to read the terminal
screen there and tell what went wrong here.

I then followed my colleague's instructions to get the tar, untar,
autogen, configure, and finally make rpm.

Well it was that make rpm command that finally failed. And sudo was the
problem. I got a message something like:

Assuming that you are in /etc/sudoers!!!!

And then asked for a password.

Which password? My userid or root's? I tried both and after 3 tries got:

me is not in sudoers file. This incident will be reported.
removing '/home/me/rpmbuild/BUILD/hipl--main--2.6/hipl-1.0.4'

So I look at /etc/sudoers and do not understand what I am suppose to do
there.

A bit of help would be greatly appreciated!

oh, and what is BEET support in the kernel?

Old 07-17-2008, 05:01 AM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@htt-consult.com> wrote:

> Well it was that make rpm command that finally failed. And sudo was the
> problem. I got a message something like:
>
> Assuming that you are in /etc/sudoers!!!!
>
> And then asked for a password.
>
> Which password? My userid or root's? I tried both and after 3 tries got:
>
> me is not in sudoers file. This incident will be reported.
> removing '/home/me/rpmbuild/BUILD/hipl--main--2.6/hipl-1.0.4'
>
> So I look at /etc/sudoers and do not understand what I am suppose to do
> there.
>
> A bit of help would be greatly appreciated!

Here:

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BecomingRoot#head-5a98c43bd135904d720095ff461d52aa7b51412d

Akemi