Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Lost my madwifi setup

I rebuilt my notebook that has the atheros card in it, and forgot to
save all of my setup to get it working.

I am using dkms and the madwifi rpms from rpmforge.

My modprobe.conf has a line:

alias wifi0 ath_pci

I can ifconfig wifi0 up

But the command:

/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant wpa_supplicant -dd -D madwifi -i wifi0 -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

fails.

Now some of my old notes mention using ath0 and a line in modprobe.conf of:

alias ath0 ath_pci
options ath_pci autocreate=sta

I think there were some iwconfig commands somewhere too. But it is all
gone....... sniff.

I hope someone can help? I am going through this list's archives trying
to find my old messages too.