Old 07-16-2008, 02:45 AM
"Paul Johnson"

Default need texlive & lyx-1.55 for Centos 5.2

Today I installed the newest Centos I could find and encountered the
old software problem. I couldn't find any third party repositories
that have TexLive to replace tetex. Ii tried the Fedora version, but
it calls for a different libpoppler. LyX in Centos is aged as well.

As far as I can tell, rpmfusion will provide these things, but its
confiig page still says 'not ready.' I followed quite a few blind
alleys trying to work this one out. Got advice?

I'm looking for an RPM based distro that is conservative on the kernel
updates, but not so slow on apps. I don't want Fedora b/c the lifespan
is too short.

PJ

ps. already tried EPEL and rpmforge. No Centos packages show up in
rpmfind.net

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science

Old 07-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Rex Dieter

Paul Johnson wrote:

> Today I installed the newest Centos I could find and encountered the
> old software problem. I couldn't find any third party repositories
> that have TexLive to replace tetex. Ii tried the Fedora version, but
> it calls for a different libpoppler. LyX in Centos is aged as well.

EPEL includes lyx-1.4, an older qt3-based version. The version of qt4
included in rhel5 is... dated.

-- Rex