Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 PM
MHR

Default OT - Windows slowdown?

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:

> I'm glad you feel that way because I have been having this pain in my
> shoulder.... ;-P

Scott, I thought you /were/ that pain in the shoulder....

;^)

mhr

Old 07-18-2008, 10:57 PM
MHR

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:

> That is why Bill Gates is a billionaire, and Linus Torvalds isn't.

I would argue that BG is a billionaire because he is a salesman,
whereas Linus is a dedicated professional software engineer.

Which is also why most of Window$ is bloviated hype and most (if not
all) of Linux is quality.

mhr

Old 07-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Steve Thompson

That is why Bill Gates is a billionaire, and Linus Torvalds isn't.

And who is the happier, I wonder?

Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Martyn Hare

Yes but Linus could be guest speaker at LinuxChix, Bill has to pay for
his women ;-)

Old 07-19-2008, 03:33 PM
R P Herrold