Old 07-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Documentation file for ifcfg options

Sometime in the past two weeks, Some kind person pointed me to a GREAT
document file that explained all those commands you find in the ifcfg-*
files and the network file (and others, I believe).

It was a great help to me, and now I need it again, and I did not write
down the file location, nor can I find that original note. My bad, I am
busy documenting everything I can now.

But I really need that info. Can someone point me to file again?

Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Matthew Kent

On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 17:03 -0600, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Sometime in the past two weeks, Some kind person pointed me to a GREAT
> document file that explained all those commands you find in the ifcfg-*
> files and the network file (and others, I believe).
>
> It was a great help to me, and now I need it again, and I did not write
> down the file location, nor can I find that original note. My bad, I am
> busy documenting everything I can now.
>
> But I really need that info. Can someone point me to file again?

Interesting timing, I was just looking at

It's part of the initscripts package and on CentOS 5.2 it's in
/usr/share/doc/initscripts-8.45.19.EL/sysconfig.txt
--
Matthew Kent SA bravenet.com

Wed Jul 16 02:30:04 2008