Old 07-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Robert Moskowitz

Default Got it - Stopping a server not controled by service

NOW I remember: kill -s # pid

where pid is learned from /var/run/program.pid

Scott Silva wrote:

on 7-15-2008 12:33 PM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:

Miredo is run as a server from the command line:

/usr/sbin/miredo

The man page says the signal SIGTERM stops the server.

How do I send SIGTERM to the server? Or SIGHUP, as I want to make a
change to the config file.

And once I get this as I want it, how do I run it at system boot?
You will have to make a sys V init script for it. You can probably use
an existing script and edit it to suit your program, or there is
example in /usr/share/doc/initscripts-xxxxxx directory that you should
be able to hack at. That will also help you to get lock files and pid
files going for it if you need them.

The other choice is to add a line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but that
won't give you control with the system command.