Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Default can I host a Ubuntu / Gentoo repository on a CentOS server?

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I was wondering if someone could answer this one for me. How do I host a
> different Linux OS repository(s) on my CentOS server?

Have you looked at the click-through EULA when you installed CentOS? I
think our Licensing does not allow you to do that.

Whfg ybbx ng *ubj* bgure qvfgevohgvbaf jnag gb unir gurve ercbfvgbevrf
frg hc naq sbyybj gung. Abeznyyl zveebevat n pbzcyrgr ercbfvgbel fubhyq
or rabhtu. Fb lbh orggre nfx gung ba n Hohagh be Tragbb yvfg.

Ralph

Old 07-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala

Tuesday 15 July 2008 08:55:43 Rudi Ahlers napisaƂ(a):
> Hi all
>
> I was wondering if someone could answer this one for me. How do I host a
> different Linux OS repository(s) on my CentOS server?

Repository is just ftp or httpd server, so as long as you are able to
configure httpd or ftpd, you can host repositories.

Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
Systems Architecture Engineer
IT Infrastructure Department
Allegro Team
http://www.allegro.pl/

Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
MHR

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:20 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:

> Whfg ybbx ng *ubj* bgure qvfgevohgvbaf jnag gb unir gurve ercbfvgbevrf
> frg hc naq sbyybj gung. Abeznyyl zveebevat n pbzcyrgr ercbfvgbel fubhyq
> or rabhtu. Fb lbh orggre nfx gung ba n Hohagh be Tragbb yvfg.

Eh?

Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Ralph Angenendt

MHR wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 2:20 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:
> >
> > Whfg ybbx ng *ubj* bgure qvfgevohgvbaf jnag gb unir gurve ercbfvgbevrf
> > frg hc naq sbyybj gung. Abeznyyl zveebevat n pbzcyrgr ercbfvgbel fubhyq
> > or rabhtu. Fb lbh orggre nfx gung ba n Hohagh be Tragbb yvfg.
> >

> Eh?

Military grade caesar cipher.

Ralph

Old 07-15-2008, 05:10 PM
"Jim Perrin"

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:

> Whfg ybbx ng *ubj* bgure qvfgevohgvbaf jnag gb unir gurve ercbfvgbevrf
> frg hc naq sbyybj gung. Abeznyyl zveebevat n pbzcyrgr ercbfvgbel fubhyq
> or rabhtu. Fb lbh orggre nfx gung ba n Hohagh be Tragbb yvfg.

Dammit, how many times have I told you that ROT13 is *NOT* secure!

You have to double it to make it even marginally secure.

Here, let me help you out:

Just look at *how* other distributions want to have their repositories
set up and follow that. Normally mirroring a complete repository should
be enough. So you better ask that on a Ubuntu or Gentoo list

There. see how secure that is! No one will EVER suspect Ubuntu/Gentoo
help on the CentOS list.

George Orwell

Old 07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
MHR

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Ralph Angenendt
<ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:

> Military grade caesar cipher.

Oops! I had a syntax error in my decipher command....

Thanks, Jim.

mhr

Old 07-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Kenneth Burgener

Whfg ybbx ng *ubj* bgure qvfgevohgvbaf jnag gb unir gurve ercbfvgbevrf
frg hc naq sbyybj gung. Abeznyyl zveebevat n pbzcyrgr ercbfvgbel fubhyq
or rabhtu. Fb lbh orggre nfx gung ba n Hohagh be Tragbb yvfg.

Ralph

Why the need to cypher the comment?

"Whfg ybbx ng *ubj* bgure qvfgevohgvbaf jnag gb unir gurve ercbfvgbevrf
just look at how other distributions want to have their repositories

frg hc naq sbyybj gung. Abeznyyl zveebevat n pbzcyrgr ercbfvgbel fubhyq
set up and follow that normally mirroring a complete repository should

or rabhtu. Fb lbh orggre nfx gung ba n Hohagh be Tragbb yvfg.
be enough so you better ask that on a ubuntu or gentoo list"

Kenneth

Old 07-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Rudi Ahlers

----- Message from jperrin@gmail.com ---------

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:20 AM, Ralph Angenendt*

> <ra+centos@br-online.de> wrote:

>> Whfg ybbx ng *ubj* bgure qvfgevohgvbaf jnag gb unir gurve
ercbfvgbevrf

>> frg hc naq sbyybj gung. Abeznyyl zveebevat n pbzcyrgr ercbfvgbel
fubhyq

>> or rabhtu. Fb lbh orggre nfx gung ba n Hohagh be Tragbb yvfg.

> Dammit, how many times have I told you that ROT13 is *NOT* secure!

> You have to double it to make it even marginally secure.

> Here, let me help you out:

> Just look at *how* other distributions want to have their repositories

> set up and follow that. Normally mirroring a complete repository should

> be enough. So you better ask that on a Ubuntu or Gentoo list

> There. see how secure that is! No one will EVER suspect Ubuntu/Gentoo

> help on the CentOS list.

Sure, but my main OS is CentOS, and I want to know what I need
to change on CentOS to allow other distro's repositories on to be hosted on it.
Do I need to do anything special?

--

Kind Regards

Rudi Ahlers

Old 07-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Johnny Hughes

[...]

That totally depends on the mirrors you are hosting, how their metadata
is generated, etc.

But the process to mirror them should just be to rsync some files into a
web or ftp directory

Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Rudi Ahlers

----- Message from johnny@centos.org ---------