Old 07-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Steve Bergman

Default Power management and remote X sessions

I have about 50 CentOS 4.x/5.x stations running as thin clients. So
Gnome is running on the remote machine and the station is merely acting
as an X terminal. I would like to enable some power management. I
think I can control the monitor's dpms features and timeouts in the
xorg.conf on the stations. But if I want to have the stations
themselves go into standby mode after a set amount of time, what would
be the best way to accomplish that?

Thanks for any info,
Steve Bergman