Old 07-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Bobby

Default so many problem CENTOS 5.2 with DELL servers????

On Monday 14 July 2008 15:24:55 mcclnx mcc wrote:
> *I have been installed*CENTOS 5.2 on several DELL servers and have
> following problems (even*latest patches apply):
> 1. DELL 2650 can NOT boot under*CENTOS 5.2 PAE mode
> *
> 2. DELL R900 can NOT boot under*CENTOS 5.2 PAE mode (inifinite boot loop)
> *
> 3. DELL R900 with 128 GB RAM can only see 15 GB RAM under*CENTOS 5.2 Xen
> mode
> Anyone know why?* IS*CENTOS 5.2 certify with DELL server?
> *
> Does*CENTOS 5.1 have similiar problem or NOT?
> *
> Thanks.*

Not really a Linux problem but Dell h/w. They constantly change specs and seem
to not have the quality under heavy load. Dell is built on just enough.

We have smoked three of their top of the line servers with actual smoke coming
out of them.

For years now we simply do not support Dell h/w in a server environment. Not
to say they are all bad, but too many issues which are not there with for
example Supermicro.

So in the long run we've not found it viable to support them at all.

--

Bobby